Outside Sales Representative
Cypress Technologies, a leading electronic contract manufacturing service company, seeks an aggressive and experienced Outside Sales Representative to join our thriving team. The Outside Sales Representative will be responsible for generating new business by selling our solutions-oriented contract manufacturing services to clients and offering assembling, turnkey, design, warehousing, fulfillment, CNC machining, mechanical, engineering and inspection solutions. The right candidate will have industry experience and will have the technical expertise to apply our reliable manufactured products and become a trusted advisor and problem-solver for our clients.
This role is geared for a hunter, someone who is not afraid to make the calls and have the face to face interactions needed to close business. Entrepreneurial sales professionals will be provided ample opportunity to thrive. Our ideal candidate is highly organized, driven, resilient, and tenacious. This role will have a direct impact on our company success.
To the Outside Sales Representative,
- Competitive compensation with uncapped commission
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses reimbursement for lodging, mileage and meals
- Company provided technology (laptop, cellphone)
- Work for an established, stable industry leader
- Duties and Responsibilities for the Outside Sales Representative will include:
- Founded in 1987, Cypress Technologies is celebrating our 30th year as a leader in electronic contract manufacturing with a dedication to quality and excellence. Cypress is a proven provider of solutions-oriented contract manufacturing services located in Austin, Texas. We have established solid vendor relationships and maintained a low overhead that allows us to keep our prices down while delivering quality products to our customers. We work with a wide variety of industries, including alternative energy, diversified industrial, heavy equipment, automotive, telecom, computer, aerospace, mining, oil and gas, and military. For more about us, please visit our website at www.cypressmfg.com.
- Call on end user representatives such as engineers at industrial, commercial, and other establishments to provide solutions to customers and act as a trusted advisor in applying our solutions to their application needs
- Review specifications, application requirements, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates or projected increases in production from client’s use of proposed solution services
- Propose changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations
- Provide technical support to customers relating to use, operation, and maintenance of manufactured solutions
- Develop sales contracts for assembling, turnkey, design, warehousing, fulfillment, CNC machining, mechanical, engineering and inspection solution services.
- Provide technology overviews and seminars to groups
- Prepare yearly goals/numbers for your territory at year end meeting
- Utilize the company CRM
- Work closely with and report to the Sales DirectorQualifications for Outside Sales Representative:
- Technical degree and 3 years of relevant experience or experience within the industry
- A passion for process application within industries of alternative energy, diversified industrial, heavy equipment, automotive, telecom, computer, aerospace, mining, oil and gas, and military.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other computer software programs (CRM) as needed
- Travel required within a 3-hour range by car. Limited overnight travel
- Ability to work autonomously
- Technical aptitude and product knowledge
- Possess a good understanding of general process operations